Sunday, March 11, 2012

An Odd Proposal, Indeed!

Well, things definitely took a turn for the unexpected. It appears that Darcy had... well... confessed to Elizabeth the other night. From what I hear, he just barged in and asked for her hand in marriage. If you can't tell, Diary, I am shocked. BUT, I also hear that he had proposed in a quite awkward manner! He said something about how his affection goes against his better judgement. Ha! Only a fool would confess in such a way. Naturally, Lizzy rejected him. Quite harshly, too, if I am to believe Charlotte. This is wonderful! However, Lizzy's behavior has been strange after the encounter. It is probably her pounding regret over rejecting a man like me. As for the important topics, all of which are directly related to me, I looked AMAZING this evening. Of course, this is no different than any other evening, but I do like to take pride in myself every now and again. After all, a man as humble as I am does need his daily dose of personal admiration!

4 comments:

  1. well Mr Collins........I do not like you attitude towards me. I think that it was very unprofessional of you to do this. Good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Collins i do not accept your insult as it seems highly hypocritical
    coming from the man of many rejected proposals. can we please live our lives in peace. i am just trying to take my life to the next stepping stone as you have done with Charlotte. i sincerely accept your future apology.

    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Collins! is thy joking? at least I am not running around asking every woman in netherfield for their hand! Mr. Collins you are a disgrace to your family and everone who lives in this town. Furthermore I must say that I may not be dissappointed if i were to find you hanging in your closet. And at that, good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Collins, I cannot believe that you think the rejection was well deserved. Lizzy was right to reject you, but very wrong to reject me. I am rich and I can make all of her issues disappear. You were the one that settled for Charlotte; I have integrity and haven't asked any girl I see to marry me.

    ReplyDelete